So, I didn't have ice, like I should've. Finally, having no more patience to wait for the brew to cool down to 70 deg F, I stuck the pot with the liquid into the refrigerator. Still, the mixture took its sweet time cooling down, so at about 72 deg F I "screwed it" again and just poured everything into the jar.
To my dismay, the jar was only about 2/3 full, meaning that I ended up supplementing the remainder with water. After adding half of the packet of yeast, I shook up the jar and assembled the blow-off contraption so that hopefully the jar won't explode over the next two days. More hopefully, the yeast will actually survive and ferment my beer. And even more hopefully, my less than fully sanitary means of creating the concoction won't destroy the beverage.
So much hoping... Maybe I should start looking for a higher order to which I'll cast my prayers.