Sunday, July 31, 2011

mashing in!

10 minutes ago, I mashed in the grain from my 1 Gal. Beer Making Kit: Grapefruit Honey Ale that I purchased from the SoWa Open Market last weekend.  How exhilarating!  I can't wait to see how it all turns out, especially after smelling the sweet scent of the mash for the very first time!

My biggest problems of the moment:  I need to buy some ice, but I also can't imagine leaving the house with the fire burning under my pot.  What to do!?  I think my wife will come to my rescue.

On an unrelated note, I blew $4.00 on a glass thermometer unnecessarily because I failed to discover that my brewing kit included a glass thermometer.  I hope this doesn't say anything about the finished product to come...

Oh, and I need to figure out how to quickly dry up some grapefruit peels!